Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘RecoveryPlaces’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
· The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice either by us or, in some cases, other users of the site (listing owners).
· Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
Third Party Links:
· Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· This website contains links to many other websites. Our website does not endorse or favour any specific organisation, commercial product, business or event.
· A link to a third-party website does not imply endorsement – you must use your own judgement to decide whether the information or service on that website is suitable for your needs. If a website is not linked to ours, this does not mean or imply that it is unsatisfactory.
· We are not responsible for the content of any linked website and cannot take responsibility for the consequences of your using the information or services on linked websites. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time.
· Websites that are linked to from this website may have ‘Terms and conditions’ that are different from ours. Do not assume that our ‘Terms and conditions’ apply to other websites. Make sure you consult the privacy policies and terms and conditions of third party sites to see how they use your information.
Your Content – what we are allowed to do:
· We may publish, check, edit or remove all or part of the contents or other material, including, but not limited to; your name, town and country, which you submit to us (‘Your Content’), at our sole discretion. We are not obliged to do any of these things and we may not.
· You retain any copyright you may have in Your Content. By submitting material to us, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide licence to use, copy, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, make available, communicate and distribute Your Content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. By submitting Your Content, you warrant that you have the right to grant this licence. The licence is capable of sub-license by us to other websites we own.
· To the extent permitted by law, you waive your moral rights (e.g. the right to be identified as author or to object to derogatory treatment) in Your Content.
· This clause means, for example (without limitation), that we can: Continue to publish all or part of Your Content, including your name, town and country, even if you change your mind and want us to remove it and/or you are no longer registered with the website; Remove Your Content, even if you have not breached these Terms; Use all or part of Your Content in promoting our products and services (e.g. we may use a screenshot including your comments in our advertising); Edit your Content, which may result in a part of it being modified and displayed, including without your name. Please note that we do not check, monitor, moderate or even see all the comments and other material submitted to us. While some comments are pre-moderated (i.e. checked in advance by us before publication), some are not.
· Where any payment has been received for a RecoveryPlace listing(s) these will be displayed for the time period as stated in the purchase process. Where we believe the information you have submitted is inaccurate, and there is good evidence to support this (via official email or evidenced on an official website), we reserve the right to edit or change the information supplied. We will endeavour to make contact via the information supplied at the time to confirm the information prior to making any changes.
· There may be times when our website is closed for maintenance work. These will be kept to a minimum. In exceptional circumstances, the website may malfunction as a result of a software update, bug or incompatibility issue outside of our control. We will endeavor to fix these as soon as technically possible (our websites are backed up daily). These issues do not constitute grounds for a refund or a time extension for listings on our site.
Your Content – what you are not allowed to do:
You must not submit any material to our website that:
(i) defamatory, malicious, threatening, false, misleading, offensive, abusive, discriminatory, harassing, blasphemous or racist,
(ii) indecent, obscene or of a sexual nature,
(iii) a breach of confidentiality or someone’s privacy;
(b) could prejudice any active legal proceedings of which you are aware;
(c) is likely to:
(i) cause someone alarm, anxiety or distress;
(ii) encourage violence or racial or religious hatred;
(d) infringes any intellectual property rights, such as copyright and trademarks. This means generally that you must own the rights in everything you submit or must obtain permission from the rights owner to submit the material;
(e) is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software, harmful data or conduct);
(f) advertises any third party product or service other than for which you are licenced to do so, except within any paid banner you are submitting;
(g) impersonates anyone else or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation or status;
(i) encourages or teaches conduct that is a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise unlawful;
• You must not include links on the website to any websites or webpages unless specifically in relation to the recovery place listing you are submitting.
• You must not try to get around any protections we put in place for the security and operation of the website.
Our Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. This means a Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. We both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION THEREIN IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR ANY INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE THEREIN. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL RECOVERYPLACES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, NOR SHALL RECOVERYPLACES BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED BY EVENTS BEYOND RECOVERYPLACES REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THIS SITE’S RECORDS, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES.